This vegan and gluten-free quinoasotto recipe provides a tasty alternative to risotto, using quinoa, mushrooms, garlic, coconut oil and a blend of spices.
Servings 2 people
- 4 cups cooked quinoa approximately 1.5 cups dry quinoa + 3 cups water
- 24 oz baby portobello mushrooms well rinsed and diced
- 10 cloves garlic adjust to taste
- 5 tbsp avocado oil for mushroom cooking / frying
- 1 tbsp sesame oil I used a spicy sesame oil for this recipe
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 2 cups coconut milk start with 1.5 cups and add the last half cup if you like it more creamy
- ground pepper to taste
- olive oil optional, to taste
Cook the quinoa.
In a large frying pan, place the diced mushrooms on high heat and fry them with the avocado oil and the crushed garlic.
Add the sesame oil, cumin, pepper. Stir occasionally for about 15 minutes until the mushrooms are fully cooked.
Mix in the cooked quinoa, sriracha and coconut milk. Start with 1.5 cups of coconut milk and go for 2 cups if you like the quinoasotto more creamy. It make make it very liquid temporarily, in which case you can cook on medium heat for 5 more minutes to let the coconut milk reduce a little and the quinoa absorb it.
Finally, add the fresh basil on top, as well as olive oil optionally.
Calories: 1296kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 98g | Saturated Fat: 48g | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 1266mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 17.1mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 15.2mg