A sauteed eggplant in tomato sauce cooked in less than 30 minutes? Many eggplant dishes take time to prepare and to bake or cook. This is a fast version for people on the go. You can notice a pattern: I love to cook, but I often lack the time to do it for hours. Therefore, instead of picking something already made, we can design dishes that are nutritious, easy to make, tasty, and take almost no time at all. In fact, I am probably spending as much time writing this recipe than I did making it and eating it. If you also have a busy schedule, this eggplant dish could be perfect for one of your meals. It uses a can of diced tomatoes as the liquid to cook the eggplant, which makes it super simple.
The parsley or cilantro add a touch of color and flavor, and together with the olive oil, voilà. This dish is made vegan in its standard version. Those who want to add some animal proteins can complement it with a fried egg, some meat on the side, or just some grated cheese on top. Eggplant and cheese go quite well together.
The colors turned out pretty good and so did the taste. You can use a white plate, although a black plate will add contrast. Bon appétit.
Sauteed eggplant in tomato sauce
- 2 eggplants cut lengthwise
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 0.5 cup Cilantro or parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil Serve on the plate
- Cut the eggplant into small pieces and place it in a pan. Add the diced tomatoes from a can or freshly diced, with the avocado oil.
- Sautee for 25 minutes, initially at high heat for 5-10 minutes then finish at medium-low.
- Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley, and olive oil.